Pages

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Banana Pudding and Tacos


Firstly, sorry for my tiny pictures but I had a slight technical hitch. Basically I pressed the wrong button.
Anyhoo, I have a cracker of a recipe for you in the shape of bananas and Angel Delight. I know this sounds like a cheat and it is a little bit. But who cares, its yum.
I gained my inspiration from the banana pudding at Magnolia Bakery NYC. It was seriously amazing so I decided to recreate it.


What you will need:

2 packets of Banana Angel Delight
2 packets of Birds Dream Topping
2-4 ripe bananas (depends how bananary you want it and how big they are) sliced
Around 1/2 pack of trifle fingers/ sponge fingers, broken up into thirds


What you need to do:

Firstly your going to want to slice up your bananas and break up your trifle fingers into thirds.

Then follow your packet instructions and make your Angel Delight. Make sure you double it all to do two packets. 


Now using your packet instructions make your Dream Topping.

Now combine your Angel Delight and Dream topping, add the AD to the DT and fold it in. Try not to mix it too much as you want a sort of marbled effect.

Now add in your bananas and your trifle fingers, give it all a mix up and pop it into a pretty bowl.




Chill in the fridge for at least an hour to let the trifle fingers go soggy.



Now serve with a big spoon family style! Do it proudly, embrace your cheating.





This delightful dessert was lovingly made for my Dad and his wife Maxine. They came over for dinner a few weeks back.
We had tacos for mains. I again cut my normal flour tortillas with the aid of a drinking glass to create traditional tacos. I had some roast chicken left overs and this proved a wonderful way of using them up. 


I used fajita seasoning in a frying pan to heat up my chicken, make sure its piping hot if your reheating it. 


A few leaves of spinach 



                                                   Some sour cream


Some cheddar cheese



And homemade guacamole!
2 ripe avocados
Juice of 1 lemon
Splash of olive oil
sprinkle of paprika
pinch of salt and pepper


All mashed up with a fork to give some texture. Use a food processor if you like your guac smooth.




Fold and enjoy


They loved the banana pudding!



                     Lex got tired out from all the crumb sniffing under the table


Go and make the banana cheat pudding and the left over roast chicken fajita tacos. Easy lovely dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment