Pages

Sunday 15 June 2014

Garden fun with Cucumber, Pork and Pimms


I am a little behind with my blogging and have gathered a pretty hefty amount of posts. Heres one from a few weeks back when mum and John popped round for tea.


When I'm in the kitchen Daniel is usually in the garden. A wheelbarrow creation was on todays menu.


I have made a discovery. I love cucumber water! A nice big jug of it in the fridge. It is a nice change to juice and much healthier than fizzy or sugary drinks.
All you do is slice up about a quarter of a cucumber and pop it in some water, let it infuse for about an hour in the fridge and your ready to go.



Daniel isn't a fan of cucumber water but he is a fan of Pimms! I did sneak in some cucumber though.



 This isn't a completely pointless post, I do have a recipe in here somewhere. Honest.

Pulled BBQ Pork, in my new slow cooker. It's seriously easy and seriously cheap.

All you need:

Shoulder of pork
1 bottle of bbq sauce
1 can of full fat coke
Wraps or baps 
Sides of your choice

All you need to do:

Pop the pork shoulder into the slow cooker, cover with bbq sauce (whole bottle) and a can of full fat coke. Put the slow cooker on low for around 8 hours.


Once your 8 hours are up you will return home from work to a wonderful bbqy meaty smell. Yum.
The pork will just pull apart, it will be so tender and juicy.


I made some gluten free cornbread as a side as my mum is a gluten free bird. Very inconvenient as usual. Not really mum.


I cut my regular flour tortillas into mini ones using the rim of a drinking glass to create traditional tacos. So much better and much less messy than the crunchy variety.
We topped them with cheese and salad.


Oh and my new obsession, habanero sauce. Super spicy but super yummy.


Make it this week.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment