Pages

Saturday 3 May 2014

A little country at The Beehive


We took a little trip to St Albans last night. The Beehive pub to be exact. I have been searching for a country music gig for ages now and have had no luck. There seems to be such a limited country scene in the UK which is such a shame. 
I came across The Chiltern Hillbillies on www.lemonrock.com which lets you know when and where gigs are in your area. The Chiltern Hillbillies, a country, bluegrass and rockabilly band were playing at The Beehive in St Albans, perfect. Finally some country music. So we grabbed Dan's sister and her boyfriend, I donned my cowboy boots and we set off for some serious singalonging (well I did anyway)! 

I had never been to The Beehive before, it was lovely actually. I was pleasantly surprised, it had a very mixed clientele and the band were great! Dan and I are huge country fans and we loved the covers of some great country stars such as Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Elvis Presley and many more. I tapped my cowboy boots and sang along all night! 
I highly recommend The Beehive and The Chiltern Hillbillies if you get a chance to see them.




No comments:

Post a Comment